Pages

4.05.2011

Take 2 Tuesday: "Echo's Answer" by Broadcast


Broadcast was an electronic English band headed by vocalist Trish Keenan. I say "was" because the band was effectively finished when Trish died of pneumonia this past January at the age of 41. I had honestly not heard of any Broadcast's material before hearing of her untimely death, but from what I can tell you is that I had been sorely missing out on excellent electronic instrumentation and very melancholic sounds that I can tell were deep from Trish's heart. Of course any artist tries to make that so, but if any of Broadcast's songs were to contribute to really letting the artist speak for his/herself, it's "Echo's Answer". It deserves to be heard, along with the rest of Broadcast's catalogue.

Broadcast - "Echo's Answer"

No comments:

Post a Comment